art work by John Ceprano
CINERGY (tm) - Peacebuilding... one person at a time

Ten New Year’s Conflict Resolutions

Instead of a series of 10 questions, this week’s blog is a series of my Conflict Resolutions for 2014.

1. This year, I will acknowledge how conflict presents an opportunity to enrich relationships.
  2. This year, I will make amends with people and not let our differences of opinion fester.
  3. This year, I will apologize and mean it.
  4. This year, I will stop blaming others.
  5. This year, I will take responsibility for how I contributed to disputes.
  6. This year, I will forgive and let bygones be bygones.
  7. This year, I will not be hard on others, or on myself.
  8. This year, I will not judge people.
  9. This year, I will value the importance of respecting other people’s opinions, even if I don’t agree with them.
  10. This year, I will listen.

Please feel free to add your own.

Wishing you a joyful, peaceful, and loving 2014!

This entry was posted in Conflict Management Coaching. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Ten New Year’s Conflict Resolutions

1. Linley Cornish says:

1. This year, I will approach conflict rather than avoid it.
    2. This year, I will accept that you don’t have to forgive to move on from conflict.
    3. This year, I will take care of myself first, as only a healthy me is resilient enough to manage conflict.
    4. This year, I will welcome the challenges of life.
    5. This year, I will trust myself more.
    6. This year, I will accept that I am not responsible for others happiness.
    7. This year, I will smile and laugh lots.
    8. This year, I will listen and learn from the stories of others.
    9. This year, I will endeavour to let bygones be bygones and accept differences of opinions.
    10. This year, I will endeavour to bring a smile to a strangers face each and everyday.

2. Cinnie Noble says:

What a great list of 10 more conflict resolutions Linley! Thank you!

3. 'salie cockrill says:

Cinnie and Linley: I am so inspired by your posts that I would like to offer them to the participants in a training I am about to do…with your permission, of course, as well as acknowledgement of your authorship. In amy event, thank you for your posts.

4. Cinnie Noble says:

Hi Salie:
    Thank you for asking and I will be honoured if you share the list I did and attribute it to the ConflictMastery Quest(ions) blog. I cannot speak for Linley and will ask her to respond to you.
    With appreciation,

5. Judy Ringer says:

–This year I will enjoy being curious about myself and others.
    –This year I will practice presence.
    –This year I will extend my energy with intention and clear purpose.

Thank you, Cinnie, for this great list and idea. -Judy

6. Cinnie Noble says:

EXCELLENT additions Judy. Thank you for adding them.

7. Linley Cornish says:

Hi Salie,
    I too would be honoured for you to use my resolutions. Thankyou. Linley

8. This year I will pursue a greater understanding of emotional intelligence.

This year I will practice silence with intent.

This year I will be more forgiving knowing that the other person does not have to acknowledge or accept my forgiveness for me to move on.

9. Cinnie Noble says:

Adjoa- these are such great resolutions! Thank you for adding them to the growing list.

10. Laura Scott says:

This year I will expect the best possible outcome.
    This year I will settle for no less than WIN/WIN.
    This year I will bring peace and love.

11. Cinnie Noble says:

Thank you Laura for adding more great resolutions to the growing list.

12. Karlos Vansteenkiste says:

listen for sure, but especially listening with the heart…

13. Cinnie Noble says:

Yes…with the heart.

14. Patty Stiles says:

Cinnie, You continue to inspire me. I hope to make at least some of these habits. Patty

15. Cinnie Noble says:

Thank you Patty – I hope I will do even one of them better than I have!

16. Danelle Dobinson says:

Wow – sensational and inspirational. What a great collection 🙂 thanks to Cinnie for starting this off and to all who contributed. I’m needing this today and I’m taking note of your wonderful ideas! Gratitude!!